Monday, January 21, 2013

Why this blog?

Dorothy is my paternal grandmother. I am trying to solve the puzzle of who her parents and grandparents were. When I moved to Pennsylvania a couple of years ago, I realized I was in the same state where she was born. It seemed to me that while I lived here, I should be the one to do the research. I met a man named Les who volunteers at a nearby LDS family history center. He is an expert in the area of the world where Dorothy's ancesters came from: the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Specifically, he helped me to realize that the Kozubs came from Galicia. It has been so helpful to check-in with him and make progress with this research. I am hoping that by sharing what I have found, my research can be more organized. In addition, I am hoping that I will receive more information and details from my own living extended family members after they read this blog.

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog! I hope people make comments and are motivated to help with the research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, as your dad I am so honored and profoundly amazed not only by this blog, but by your incredible commitment to this ancestral journey. Proudest dad in the world. I hope this assists others worldwide with finding their predeceased.

    ReplyDelete