Thursday, March 21, 2013

Irene Kelly's Family

I have connected with weickof4 (who previously connected with jtgen) at the Slovac-roots yahoo group who has given me the following information about Irene Kelly's Family:

"Irene Kelly born 1866(Headstone)/Jan,1868(1869 Census), I believe in Miklos/Miklusovce. Married November 24, 1884 in Miklusovce. Her parents are Petrus/ Peter and Helen Kelly/Kello. Konstant is her brother. Konstant also has a daughter named Irene Kelley."

When I asked weickof4 if Irene and Konstant's parents Petrus/Peter and Helen Kelly/Kello ever came to America and if they had more children, I got this response:

"I don't believe Peter and Helen (Balesy/Balascsak) Kello/Kellij ever came over. I do not know how jtgen found all this info but I do have the 1869 Hungarian Censu, I think it's FHL film # is 2189250 from Saros, Miklosvagas pg 124 that has 6 of the 10 children that jtgen has on her info. jtgen's list of children is as follows: First, there's Alexander Kello, then Antonius Kello, then Joannes Kello, Augustin Kello, Michael Kello, Szilard/Konstant Kello, Irene Kello, Maria and another Maria and finally Helena Kello. According to jtgen, only Augustin, Michael, Konstant, Irene and Helena came to the U.S. I guess their name was Kellij and then the Hungarians changed it to Kello and then in America it became Kelly and then some of them became Kelley."


So to review, here is what I now know about Irene Kelly's family:

Father: Petrus/Peter Kellij/Kello/Kelly
Mother: Helen Balasy/Balascsak
Child #1 Alexander Kello
Child #2 Antonius Kello
Child #3 Joannes Kello
Child #4 Augustin Kello  (came to America)
Child #5 Michael Kello (came to America)
Child #6 Szilard/Konstant Kello (came to America)
Child #7 Irene Kello (my relative) (came to America)
Child #8 Maria Kello (died as child?)
Child #9 Maria Kello
Child #10 Helena Kello (came to America)

Of course, I will need to personally verify this information for my records. (Reminder to self.)

Thanks weickof4!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment